Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ghost cats!

This entry will be short. My parents will be arriving in Charleston soon and I want to get in an episode of Freaks and Geeks before then.

This past weekend, Meg and Stephanie and myself met up in Savannah. I think my personality is more suited towards a city like that compared to the one I’ve spent my summer in. The neighborhoods there are beautiful and I love how there are squares everywhere. I like that there’s an art school. We exhausted ourselves from too much walking, so we didn’t do much but we did go on a disappointing ghost tour and bought forties and mixed them with lemonade. They came up to Charleston on Sunday and we went to brunch, explored a little bit of King Street, went to Sullivan’s Island and almost got caught trespassing at a mystery building, ate dinner on Shem’s Creek and saw a movie at my workplace. Wall-E is too freaking adorable. It was a fun, exhausting weekend. I’m so looking forward to going home to my friends.

Like I mentioned earlier, my parents will be spending a week with me and I look forward to being un-partially employed and getting to be a tourist. And not having to cook.

It feels like my leaving is so far off, but it’s so close. I have so much I want and need to do before then. I don’t know what to think about it all. What worries me most is leaving people. It didn’t matter leaving Gainesville because I would see everyone again in a few months. But I’m leaving here and may never come back.

No comments: